I was inspired by the creative marketing guru Lisa Jacobs 16 Before 2016: A Goal-Setting Challenge, and below are 16 goals I would like to achieve by 2016.
1. Finish Lisa Jacobs's Your Best Year 2016: Productivity Workbook and Creative Business Planner. This book is chalk full of helpful information, tips, and worksheets. It's going to require me to make a pot of tea, sit by a cozy fire, and fill out the worksheets. I am looking forward to this task.
2. Figure out what to do with the painting below. I am a bit stuck and want the piece come together as I envision it in my mind.
3. Organize my first art sale via my Etsy shop.
4. Design holiday card for this year.
5. Get professional photographs of my paintings via ArtSquare.
6. Finish the rug in the picture below. This project is taking longer than I expected, but at least I am watching good movies in the evening while braiding the fabric.
7. Run at least 20 miles a week.
8. Be okay with myself if I don't run 20 miles a week.
9. Yoga twice a week.
10. Create Xmas budget and stick to it.
11. Make Bukharan Plov for husbandman. I made this ridiculously delicious dish last year when he was out of the country for three months. It's a bit time consuming but well worth the effort.
12. Wake up at 6am at least five days a week. Right now I wake up between 6.30-7.00, and feel better myself on days when I wake up at 6am.
13. Don't say yes to every X-mas party and event this year. I learned my lesson the hard way two years ago around the holidays, when I overloaded my schedule and had two anxiety attacks. In order to avoid these attacks I have to take it easy, especially around the holidays.
14. Eat cheese only one day a week. I love the stuff, and noticed when I cut back on dairy I feel better. Cheese and coffee and my vice, and I am willing to tapper back on one.
15. Create photo book of our camping and hiking trip last year through Scotland. Scotland is one of the most scenic countries I have traveled through, and yet I don't have a photo book of our trip. It was a fantastic trip where we hiked over 120 miles through the country. I would hike those miles all over again in a heart beat!
16. Finish watercolor series. Started a fun watercolor series in August, and would like to add at least two more to this series.
I encourage you all to join this 16 before '16 challenge. I think it's gonna help me have a strong finish to 2015!